Marxism and the Chinese Path
Wuhan University, 15th-17th November, 2019
We invite submissions for the prestigious 4th International Conference on Marxism and Socialism in the 21st Century, held biennially at Wuhan University. Celebrating the seventieth anniversary of the People’s Republic of China, the theme of the Conference this year is ‘Marxism and the Chinese Path’. We deem essential all intellectual contributions that foster critical reasoning on issues that concern the transformation(s) of the PRC, its historical experience of Socialism with Chinese Characteristics and the prospects of Marxism and socialism in our future, global society. Scholars are invited to deliver a speech (10 minutes or more if need) on issues related to these themes, with research on the points below particularly welcome:
1) Social transformation, development and historical experience of the PRC since 1949.
2) The international significance of the Chinese path with regards to theory, economy, institutions, culture, etc.
3) Xi Jinping’s Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics in the New Era.
4) The Socialist theories and practices in 21st Century.
5) Marxism and the contemporary world.
(1) Papers are accepted in Chinese or English,either infull texts or abstracts.
(2) To submit your candidacy, please complete the application form below and send it toconveners email@example.com beforeFriday 16th August, 2019. Successful candidates will be contacted by early September.
(3)Participants will not be charged any registration fees.
Date, venue and language of the conference:
15th–17th November, 2019
Hong Yi Hotel, Wuhan University, Wuchang District, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Chinese and English (translation will be provided)
The Conference isco-organized by the Collaborative Innovation Centre of Marxist Theory and Chinese Practice,the World Socialism Research Centre of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences,the School of Marxism of Wuhan University andthe Research Centre for Contemporary China and World Socialism of Wuhan University.
The School of Marxism of Wuhan University is the country’s leading institute in the research on Marxism and socialism, boasting one of the highest concentrations of academics in these areas. Based in the beautiful city of Wuhan, this institute constitutes an important cornerstone for the theoretical and practical development of China.
For more details on the School of Marxism and the conference, please visithttp://www.marx.whu.edu.cn/en/.
The conveners of the Conference are Prof Chen Huinv (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr Fu Kexin (email@example.com).
For administrative enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Feng Min.
Telephone: (+86) 2768756383
Fax: (+86) 2768752880
Address:School of Marxism
1. Full name and surname:
2. Academic position:
4. E-mail address:
5. Telephone number:
7. Full paper or abstract: