Literacy Volunteers of Essex/Franklin Counties seeks part-time program coordinator for the Lake Placid/Saranac Lake Region. Responsibilities include: student and volunteer recruitment, student intake and assessment, community engagement, and more. Candidates must be familiar with Microsoft Office, well organized, flexible, and have strong computer skills. Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 28th. Full job description below.
Program Coordinator – Job Description
Program Coordinators for Literacy Volunteers of Essex/Franklin Counties provide both direct and indirect support to adult learners and volunteer tutors.
- Assist in the creation of a recruitment plan with staff members
- Recruit new adult learners by networking with other service agencies like CV-TEC, GRASP, etc.
- Prepare and present informational presentations on Literacy Volunteers to local community groups and other service providers so as to promote program awareness and recruit potential tutors.
- Share new names for the mailing list so as to increase publicity
- Recruit and coordinate other volunteer tasks for those not comfortable with tutoring
- Conduct intake interviews with each student who enrolls in any program
- Assess each learner with a pre and post-test in the TABE or BEST Plus exam
- Complete a test analysis on each exam
- Match each adult learner with a trained, volunteer tutor
- Collect and manage contact hours for students and tutors on a monthly basis
- Complete a three-month follow-up on adult learners who have exited our program
- Represent Literacy Volunteers at various community outreach events
- Encourage and create opportunities for volunteer tutors to come together, share successful strategies, and best practices to build more skills
- Become acquainted with, encourage, and understand the needs of both adult learners and volunteer tutors
- Be familiar with all office equipment and other resources that are also accessible to staff, students, and volunteer tutors
- Attend when necessary, training opportunities for professional advancement
- Assist serve, or work at special events